By Foodism Team
What’s blowing up the internet now? Marry Me Chicken! The name does speak for itself- it will make your partner want to marry you. A creamy-yummy and easy-to-follow chicken recipe that is a crowd pleaser, so your next dinner party menu is set. You may even have a few ingredients just lying around already, if you don’t have chicken stock- feel free to use vegetable stock!
Why the name- Marry Me Chicken?
We know what you are thinking, funny name for a chicken dish, right? It’s quite a simple logic- The dish is so tasty and flavourful, it will make your partner fall in love with you more and hopefully pop the question! As we all know the way to anyone’s heart is through their belly and this dish is made exactly for that. Sounds good? So let’s get cooking!
- 1 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 tsp salt
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- ½ cup heavy cream
- ¼ cup chicken/vegetable stock
- ¼ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 cup sundried tomatoes- chopped
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning
- ½ tsp freshly cracked black pepper
- ½ tsp red pepper flakes
- ¼ cup thinly sliced basil leaves
- Cooked pasta or mashed potatoes, for serving
- Wash and pat the chicken dry carefully.
- Once dry, season with salt.
- Heat oil in a large pan and add the chicken to cook from both sides. You can also flatten the chicken for more even cooking.
- Transfer the chicken to a plate.
- Add the garlic to the same skillet and cook until fragrant, for about 30 seconds. Stir in heavy cream, chicken stock, parmesan cheese, sun-dried tomatoes, Italian seasoning, pepper, ¼ teaspoon red pepper flakes, and remaining salt until fully combined.
- Put the chicken pack into the pan and bring the combination to a simmer.
Then cover the pan and leave it for 5 more minutes.
- Top with basil and remaining cheese/ sun-dried tomatoes
You can serve this over mashed potatoes, pasta or even with rice for a wholesome meal!