1) Heat 1tbs of ghee in a pan at low flame, add 2 tbs of grated coconut , chopped dry fruits and the rose petals and slowly saute them for a minute or two till they become light golden brown.
2)Now add 2 tbs of milkmaid, 2 tbs of milk powder, 2tbs milk, 1tbs sugar and 2-3 drops of rose essence. Mix all the ingredients properly and cook them at low flame until they all come together and form a thick dough.
3) Now grease a tray with some ghee and transfer the coconut and dryfruit mixture to it.. With the help of your fingers and palm roll out the mixture into a thin and long cylindrical dough. Now set them inside the freezer for half an hour.
4) Now, again heat the pan and add rest of the grated coconut, 4tbs of milkmaid, 1 tbs of ghee ,and the remaining milk powder and milk. Also add 1/2 tsp of cardamom powder and the kesar strands
5 ) Now cook the ingredients at low flame until they all come together as a thick kesar colour dough that releases a beautiful aroma of cardamom.
) Now grease an acetate sheet or a parchment paper with ghee and transfer the dough into it. Now place another sheet over the dough and roll out the dough into a long rectangular shape with a minimum of 2 mm thickness.
7) Now trim of the edges and give s perfect rectangular shape to the dough. Take out the coconut and dryfruit cylinder from the freezer and place it over the rolled out dough lengthwise at one edge.
8) Now, slowly start rolling the dough with the help of the sheet underneath over the coconut and dryfruit cylinder and form a long roll.
9) place the roll inside the freezer for an hour. Once it sets , take it out and cut it into small rolls.
All the world’s a plate… and your recipe could be the main course!
Foodism is home to culinary professionals and food lovers from across the country. From a comprehensive food magazine, to a networking platform for food enthusiasts and professionals, as well as a recipe and content sharing platform, Foodism has it all.
And so much more…!
Register and stand a chance to:
Win Instagram features
Get featured in the Foodism magazine
Win cash prizes
Widen your network
Increase your audience base
Whether you’re a food entrepreneur looking at business expansion, a homemaker selling her home-made creations, or a food aficionado journaling your culinary adventures, Foodism is the place for you.
Register with Foodism today and watch your community grow.