Okra or bhindi is an excellent source of fiber and vitamins; it boosts digestion and is very low on the glycemic index. Here's a better way to eat bhindi and incorporate it into your snack routine too, with little-to-no effort
BAKED CRISP OKRA
- Okra or Bhindi 500g
- Oil 2 tbsp
- Fennel seed powder 1 tbsp
- Cumin powder 1 tbsp
- Rock Salt 1 tsp
- Red Chilli Powder 1 tbsp
- Coriander Powder 1 tbsp
- Turmeric powder 1 tsp (optional)
- Thoroughly wash the okra into length-wise slivers.
- Preheat your oven to 200C for 10 minutes.
- Add a tbsp. of oil to the okra and gently mix it by hand to coat all the slivers evenly.
- Spread the okra onto a baking tray and make sure they are all in a single layer. Place it into the preheated oven. Check after 10-12 minutes and toss it over to cook evenly on all sides.
- Once done, they will look dark green. Take the tray out and leave it for 5-6 minutes
to crisp up.
- Add another tbsp. of oil to coat it evenly and season with all the spices. Mix gently to coat with the spice mix. Add the turmeric only if you enjoy the taste of it, otherwise avoid it.
- Serve hot or cooled, add a squeeze of lime if you wish to!