Mango juice! Like the World’s best mango market in a glass! Full of refreshing fruity flavors, little tangy & sweet, this homemade truly tropical mango juice is the best you can make this summer! If you have never had homemade mango juice made from real fresh mangoes, you are in for a real treat! Though in a pinch frozen or mango pulp works, fresh mangoes are the best and taste delicious if harvested during the peak season.
Mango juice recipe
Ginger mint leaves
- Choose fully ripe sweet mangoes. I have used alphonso mangoes here. You can also use semi-ripe mangoes but they will be tart so you will need to add more sweetener. Rinse them well under running water.
- Peel the mangoes and chop them. The other way is to just halve them.
- Cut the inner flesh into cubes with a knife, without cutting through the skin of the mango.
- Then use a slightly large spoon to detach the flesh from the skin and scoop out the cubes. Add them to a blender jar along with 2 to 3 tbsps sugar or honey. If you want you can also add ginger and mint leaves. I have not added here.
- Add some ice cubes or cold water or orange juice or coconut water. I used about 1 cup orange juice here.
- Blend until smooth. For a thinner juice like consistency you may need to add more liquid. I added another half cup water at this stage.
- Its ready