By Foodism Team
Under-30-Minute Vegetarian Dishes
With work from home becoming the new mandate winning hands down in this segment is those who can rustle up a decent cuisine within 30 minutes without requiring much effort.
Let’s have a quick look at some delicious vegetarian dishes that can save your day –
Pommes Gratin: A yummy combination of potatoes, cream, cheese and butter
Main Course –
- Aloo Tamatar Ka Jhol: A simple and satisfying Indian curry comprising of potatoes and tomatoes – two perennially available veggies – and a few mild spices
- Jeera Vegetables: A healthy mix of spinach, carrots and potatoes, brightened with the peppery flavour of cumin
- Southern Style Okra: Elegant lady finger boosted with the Southern flavours of mustard seeds, tamarind, jaggery and coconut
- Indian Stir Fry: An exotic mix of veggies like baby corn, mushroom, bell peppers and artichokes, tossed in mustard oil with Indian spices
- Butter Paneer: Exquisite chunks of cottage cheese in a mouth-watering gravy of butter, tomatoes, fenugreek leaves, cashew paste and milk
Rice Platter –
- Tamarind Rice: A homely rice recipe replete with tangy tamarind and crunchy peanuts and chana dal
- Vegetable Fried Rice: An excellent way to use the leftover rice – simply toss in cabbage, carrot and beans along with baby corn, soy sauce, chillies and garlic
- Basanti Pulao: A Basant Panchami special this rice is cooked in ghee and a mix of fragrant spices like cloves, cardamom, cinnamon and bay leaves; with the richness of raisins and cashew nuts
So what are you waiting for? Plunder your pantry, tie your apron, check out the above recipes on You Tube and get started with whipping up these yummy dishes!