By Foodism Team
When in doubt, make a shake! Many people feel uncertain about shakes, but one sip and you are hooked for life. Date shakes are the perfect example of this. If you are a mocktail or smoothie lover, this drink is tailor-made for you.
What else is exciting? We would be doing three recipes of date milkshakes so you have plenty of options. Keep reading to get the best homemade khajoor milkshake recipe, that will make you want to go on dates with a date!
1. Spiced Nuts & Date Milkshake
This recipe will require 20 minutes of your day. Here it goes-
- Take a handful of toasted walnuts and almonds (you can use untoasted as well) and separate them into 3:1 parts
- Put 3 parts in a blender along with a handful of soaked dates, one cardamom clove, one teaspoon sugar and 2 tablespoons of milk
- Blend until smooth and then add the rest of the milk. You can use yoghurt or cashew milk to make it thick
- Sieve then pour into a glass and top it with one part of nuts that are left
You are all good to go!
2. Khajoor - Banana & Berry Milkshake
Follow the below-mentioned easy steps!
- Peel and slice a banana. Take a handful of berries and slice them thin, save some for the topping
- Take a mixture of milk and yoghurt, 3:1 respectively and add cinnamon to it
- Put all the above ingredients in a blender along with soaked and sliced dates
- Blend it well and serve with berries on top!
You can add sugar according to your taste.
3. Cooked Khajoor & Apple Milkshake with Prunes
This can be your perfect Indian drink for your parties!
- Peel and dice one apple. Slice the unsoaked dates and put them in a pan along with the apples
- Cook the mixture with one tablespoon of sugar and water(if needed) until it becomes a slurry
- Add vanilla to the mixture and leave it to cool down
- Dice some prunes and divide them into 2 parts
- Take one cup of heavy milk in a blender and add the cooked mixture along with one part of prunes and blend until smooth
- Serve it in a glass with diced prunes on top!
Tip- Do not stir a lot while cooking the apple and date mixture.
Why Drink Khajoor Milkshakes?
Other than the fact that it tastes yummilicious and amazing, khajoor milkshakes are also a type of superfood! This means that it is loaded with nutrients and minerals that will benefit your body. Here are a few khajoor milkshake benefits of this drink and valid excuses to have this drink every week!
- Have a busy schedule? Boost your calorie intake for the day with this drink. This drink contains dried fruits, which have double the amount of calories present in undried fruits.
- Dates are high in fibre that will keep your gut health in check.
- If you are not a big fan of regular tasting milk, this can be a perfect drink for you to increase your lactose intake.
- Khajoor, bananas, apples and prunes are high in the antioxidants such as flavonoids, carotenoids and phenolic acids which help in stronger immune responses.
- Dates are known to be great for pregnant individuals and help them induce labour.
One thing you have to love about milkshakes is that they are super easy to make! Here are a few useful tips-
- If you are vegan or avoiding lactose, you can also strictly use Soy milk, Cashew milk or Almond milk.
- Adding a pinch of salt to any sweet dish will always enhance the flavours.
- If you want to impress your guests, you can also use some natural organic colouring in your shakes.
We guarantee great results, have some faith in your cooking!