Who doesn't love a good brownie? If you know someone who doesn't, don't be friends with them, you can never trust a brownie hater!
Brownies are the perfect bakery product. It is soft like a cake, dense and super chocolaty! It is also on the top of every bakery's menu and a best seller. But it is not often the brownie you were expecting to have, is it? While brownies are very common, they are quite hard to ace. A brownie needs to be dense not dry, fudgy not too gooey, and chocolaty as well! these are a lot of hard criteria to fill. But we have the perfect chocolate brownie recipe for you!
- 175g unsalted butter
- 113g semi-sweet chocolate bar
- 400 g granulated sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 80 g unsweetened cocoa powder
- 125g all-purpose flour
- optional: 1 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (177°C) and grease a 9×13 inch pan or line with aluminium foil or parchment paper, leaving an overhang on the sides to lift the finished brownies out, and set them aside.
- In a microwave-safe bowl, combine the butter and chopped chocolate. Whisk in the sugar until completely combined, then whisk in the eggs and vanilla.
- Add the cocoa powder, flour, salt, remaining 2 ounces of chopped chocolate and the chocolate chips.
- Fold it all together with a rubber spatula or wooden spoon. The batter will be very thick. Spread evenly into the prepared pan.
- Bake for 30 minutes, then test the brownies with a toothpick. Insert it into the centre of the pan. If it comes out with wet batter, the brownies are not done. If there are only a few moist crumbs, the brownies are done.
- Keep checking every 2 minutes until you have moist crumbs.
- Remove from the oven and place on a wire rack to cool completely in the pan before cutting into squares.
Your fudgy brownies are ready to eat!