By Foodism Team
With a lot of office work being carried home, late nights at the laptop are a regular feature for many. So what does one do if post-completion of that nerve-wracking project report one feels hungry?
Just chill! We’ve rounded up some quick-to-make-recipes to satiate your midnight food cravings -
- Mix flour, sugar, cocoa, baking powder and salt in a microwave-friendly mug
- Add vanilla, crushed cookies, milk and oil and make the batter
- Ensure that your mug is only half-full to provide the cake with space to rise
- Microwave it for one minute on the highest power – then insert a knife or toothpick and if it comes out clean your one-minute-cake is ready!
Chilli Cheese Toast
- Grate cheese in a bowl, add chopped chillies and ginger; and mix well after adding salt and pepper
- Cut the bread into triangular slices, and place on a tray and lightly grill in a pre-heated oven at 200 C for 5-6 minutes
- Remove and place the bread on a plate. Spread one layer of butter and then the cheese-chilli-ginger mixture
- Re-grill for 10 minutes till the cheese melts and the bread slices become crisp and golden. Enjoy it with tangy tomato ketchup!
- Mix cocoa, sugar, water, and salt in a medium saucepan
- Stir constantly over medium heat, until the cocoa and sugar dissolve
- Pour in the milk and heat (but do not boil)
- Remove from heat and stir in some vanilla essence. Consume it piping-hot.
Noodles – the life-savers!
- Toss up leftover noodles with greens, peanuts, a splash of lime and season to perfection.
- Add some spring onions, sliced mushrooms, peppers, carrots, soya sauce, and ginger and garlic chilli paste for flavour.