By Foodism Team
Post-pandemic lifestyle changes have been harsh on everyone’s body- physically and internally. We often find ourselves looking for homemade remedies to help cope with ailments or just to keep ourselves healthier. In this blog, you will find an ingredient which is a nutrient-rich superfood and has many more benefits, keep reading to know more!
Sattu is a nutrient-rich superfood that is a great source of protein and also has cooling properties. But what is Sattu?
Sattu is coarsely ground Bengal gram and is made by fry roasting the dal in the sand and then powdering it. Often, chickpeas are also added to this mixture to enhance flavour. Sattu is low on fat and high in energy content. It is a good source of carbohydrates, sodium, calcium, manganese, iron, and magnesium, which play a vital role in tissue repair and maintenance.
Today, we have the trending sattu sharbat recipe for you along with sattu sharbat benefits, let’s begin!
- 2 litres chilled water or water at room temperature
- 7 tablespoons sattu (roasted black chickpea flour)
- 5 spoons jaggery powder
- ½ teaspoon black salt
- Take the chilled water in a jug.
- Put the sattu in it and mix.
- Add jaggery and black salt.
- Stir until everything is combined.
- Chill more and serve!
Now that you know how to make tasty sattu sharbat at home, let’s look at its benefits!
- Sattu is easy to digest and a good source of instant energy. It’s a great source of protein for vegetarians and vegans!
- Due to its high protein content, you can use this as a post-workout drink as well!
- Sattu reduces bloating by increasing metabolism.
- It satisfies your appetite for a longer period of time.
- It also helps with clearer skin, reducing the wear and tear of skin cells and maintaining hydration in the body.