By Foodism Team
Let’s be honest, the most important ingredient for a perfect cupcake is the perfect frosting! We are here to make sure you get that smooth, thick and creamy frosting for your chocolate cupcake recipe. So let’s begin!
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 2/3 cup heavy whipping cream
- Place chocolate chips in a small bowl. In a small saucepan, bring cream just to a boil. Pour over chocolate; whisk until smooth.
- For a thick ganache, cook, stirring occasionally, until the mixture reaches 85°-90° and is slightly thickened about 40 minutes.
- Let the ganache rest till it is cool. Now whip it up to soft or hard peaks, as needed.
- Put the whipped ganache in a piping bag and frost your cupcakes!
This is also the perfect frosting if you want to top your chocolate cupcakes with chocolate-covered strawberries!
Best Chocolate Buttercream
- 170 g ounces of chocolate baking chips
- 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 tablespoon vanilla bean paste
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 6 large egg whites, room temperature
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups unsalted butter, cubed
- In a microwave, melt baking chips with cream until smooth, stirring every 30 seconds. Stir in vanilla paste and extract. Set aside to cool slightly.
- Meanwhile, in a heatproof bowl of a stand mixer, whisk egg whites, sugar, cream of tartar and salt until blended.
- Place over simmering water in a large saucepan over medium heat. Whisking constantly, heat mixture until a thermometer reads 160°, 8-10 minutes.
- Remove from heat. With a whisk attachment of the stand mixer, beat on high speed until cooled to 90°, about 7 minutes.
- Gradually beat in butter, a few tablespoons at a time, on medium speed until smooth. Beat in cooled baking chip mixture until blended.
- Your chocolate frosting is ready!
- (200g) chopped fresh strawberries
- 1 cup (224g) unsalted butter, room temperature
- 4 cups (460g) powdered sugar
- 3–4 tbsp (45-60ml) water or cream, if needed
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- Pinch or two of salt
- Add the strawberries to a food processor or blender and puree until smooth.
- Add the puree to a small-sized saucepan and cook over medium heat. Allow the mixture to come to a slow boil, stirring consistently to keep it from burning until it has thickened and reduced to about 6 tbsp, in about 10-15 minutes.
- Allow the mixture to cool. Add the butter to a large mixer bowl and beat until smooth.
- Add about half of the powdered sugar and beat until well combined and smooth.
- Add about 3 tablespoons of the reduction and beat until well combined and smooth.
- Add the vanilla extract and slowly add the remaining powdered sugar and beat until well combined and smooth.
Your strawberry frosting is ready to pipe!