By Foodism Team
With the festive season, the season of fasting also begins. And with like everything else in our daily lives, we need variety when it comes to farali food as well. So today, we have this recipe of farali aloo pattice for you to enjoy during the fasting season!
- Oil for frying
- 4 Potatoes, boiled
- 4 tablespoon Arrowroot flour
For the stuffing
- 1 cup Fresh coconut, grated
- 1 cup Roasted Peanuts, grounded
- 1 Lemon
- 2 Green Chillies
- 1 inch Ginger
- 1 tablespoon Sugar
- 1 teaspoon Red Chilli powder
- Boil the potatoes in a pressure cooker and mash or grate them properly.
- Add 2 tablespoon arrowroot flour and salt to taste to the mashed potatoes. Make medium-sized balls and keep aside.
- In a mixing bowl, add grated coconut, grounded peanut powder and mix well.
- Make a fine paste by grinding green chillies, ginger and lemon juice in a grinder and add in the bowl.
- Combine all the ingredients by adding sugar, salt and chilli powder.
- Gently flatten the balls with the help of your palm. Place a spoonful of mixture over it.
- Now cover from all sides ensuring there are no cracks and form them into a patty shape or oval shape. Just rub some arrowroot flour if the patty is sticking to your palm.
- Just repeat the same with the rest of balls. Spread some arrowroot flour and cover the pattice from all the sides.
- Place oil in a deep frying pan. Once oil is hot, fry the pattice balls until golden brown.
You can serve it with the chutney of your choice!