JOWAR GREEN MOONG DAL KACHORI CHAAT
1 hr and 10 minutes
- 1 cup, Moong dal
- 1 tbsp, Fennel seeds
- 1, Big cardamom
- 1 tsp, Ginger
- 3, Green chilies
- 1.5 tsp, Salt
- 1.5 Cup, Jowar atta
- 0.5 cup, Whole wheat flour
- 1/2 tsp, Jeera Powder
- 1 tsp, Aamchur powder
- 1, Tomato
- 1, Onion
- 1/2 bowl, Tamarind chutney
- 4 tbsp, Tomato ketchup
- 1/4 bowl, Pomegranate seeds
- 1, Cucumber
- 1 bowl, Curd
- 2 tbsp, Chaat masala
- 1 tbsp, Black pepper powder
- 4.5 tsp, Oil
- 350ml, Oil (for frying)
- In a bowl soak 1 cup green moong dal, 1 tbsp saunf and I big cardamom overnight. Now in morning strain the water and grind the dal by adding 1 tsp salt, 1 tsp chopped ginger and 2 chopped green chilies. Your mixture is ready.
- In a mixing bowl 1.5 cup jowar atta and 1/2 cup wholewheat flour. Now pour 1/2 tsp salt,2 tsp oil. Mix well. Add water as required to make a semi tight dough. Apply 1/2 tsp oil on your palm and apply it all around the dough. Cover the dough for 15-20 mins.
- Now heat 2 tsp oil in a kadhai, put the mixture stir it for 5 mins. Add 1/2 tsp jeera powder, 1 tsp aamchur powder and stir it until it doesn't get stick with the kadhai. Stuffing is ready let the it cool down.
- Apply few drop of oil on both the palms.
Make medium size balls from the dough. Now take a ball and press the centre with your index finger. Make it in a shape of katori.
- Place the stuffing inside it and now pleat and join the edges bringing them together in the centre. Press the top. Make sure to seal it properly. Now roll it into a circle. Make others in the same way.
- Heat 350ml oil in a kadhai for deep frying. The oil must be heated properly. After that put the gas on medium flame.
- Now put your Kachori in it. After one gets golden brown turn it. Now put the gas on low - medium flame.Gently nudge it with slotted spoon, so that it starts puffing up. Let it cook from the other side too.
- Your Kachori is ready. Now take it out with the help of slotted spoon.
- Chop 1 tomato, 1 cucumber, 1 onion, 1 green chili.Take 1/4 bowl pomegranate seeds, 1 bowl Curd, 1/2 bowl tamarind chutney, 4 tbsp tomato ketchup.
- Now make a med size hole in a kachori, pour tamarind chutney into it. Now add few pieces of onion, tomato, cucumber, some tbsp curd, some tbsp moong dal stuffing,tomato ketchup pomegranate seeds. Sprinkle chaat masala and black pepper Powder.
- Do rest like this.
Taadaaa its ready to gobble up.