Homemade South Indian Pickle
# Tomatoes 1 kgs
# Tamarind 1 gooseberry size
# Red chilli powder 1 tbsp
# tumeric powder 1 tsp
# Jaggery Grated 1tbsp
# Fenugreek powder 1/2 tsp
# Salt to taste
# Mustard Seed 1tbsp
# Oil 2-3 tbsp
# Curry Leaves
1) Chopped Tomatoes into roughly small pieces
2) Heat oil in a pan & add Mustard Seed when start to sputter add Curry leaves and saute it on low flame
3) Add Tomatoes pieces along salt , Tumeric powder & Red chilli powder keep in medium flame to cook the tomatoes
4) while the tomatoes start to cook when get lots of juice from tomatoes & we need to keep the flame in medium & allow the full juice to evaporated & become mushy.
5)then, Add Tamarind Extract
And Cook the tomatoes mushy till the oil start oozing, usually it take about 30 min’s.
6) Finally Add Grated Jaggery with Fenugreek powder & cook the mixture for another couple of more minutes.
7) Cool it down the mixture keep it air-tight container in refrigerator.