For the idli batter
- Rice 1 cup
- Udid dal 1/2 cup
- Wash the rice and dal separately and soak it in water for 4 hrs.After that drain the water ,grind it together and let it ferment for 8 hrs
For the stuffing
- Potatoes 2
- Peas 1/2 cup
- Coriander leaves 1/2 cup
- For tempering…oil,Curry leaves,haldi,mustard seeds,ginger garlic green chilly paste
- Boil and mash potatoes and peas. Heat oil and temper with mustard seeds.Add Curry leaves,ginger garlic chilly paste ,turmeric powder .Add the tempering to the mashed peas and potatoes along with the coriander leaves.Then add the salt according to your taste.
- Now grease the idli tray. Pour in some batter , then put the stuffing carefully in the centre and cover it with some more batter.
- Prepare all the plates and steam for 15 mins.
- Serve hot with coconut chutney .