Sabudana khichdi is quite easy to make and delicious as well.
- 1 cup sabudana
- 2 medium potatoes, chopped
- 1 small or medium size beetroot, grated
- one handful of peanuts
- 1 tbsp grated ginger
- 1 tsp Jeera
- Juice of half a lemon
- 1 tsp sugar
- Salt to taste
- Green chillies to taste
- Curry leaves
- One handful of roasted peanuts (powdered)
- 2 tbsp ghee or oil
- Soak 1 cup water to 1 cup sabudana. I mostly soak sabudana overnight in the fridge. This ratio works for me.
- Heat ghee or oil in a pan.
- Add jeera, ginger, curry leaves, green chillies to it followed by one handful of peanuts.
- Let the peanuts turn a little brown.
- Keep the flame low throughout.
- Once peanuts are done, add chopped potatoes and grated beetroot.
- Add salt, mix, cover and cook till potatoes and beetroot is done.
- Now add sabudana to this, along with lemon juice, sugar,salt (if needed) and peanuts powder.
- Mix well, cover and cook for 2 minutes or till sabudana is done.
- Garnish with coriander leaves. Serve.