- 2 Beetroot, peel and cut into chuncks
- 1 cups Whole Wheat Flour
- 1/2 teaspoon Baking powder
- 4 tablespoons Sugar
- 1 teaspoon Sunflower Oil
- 1 cup Milk
- 1 Whole Eggs
- Sunflower Oil , as required
- To begin making the Beetroot Pancakes recipe, wash the beetroot, peel the skin and cut into pieces.
- Place the beetroot in a pressure cooker along with 2 tablespoons of water and pressure cook for 3 to 4 whistles. Turn off the heat and allow it to cool.
- Once done, drain the water and allow it to cool. Add the cooked beetroot to mixer and pulse into smooth puree.
- Now to the beetroot puree, add wheat flour, baking powder, egg, milk, oil and sugar. Blend everything into thick smooth batter.
- Pour Beetroot Pancake batter into mixing bowl and keep aside for 10 minutes. Adjust the consistency adding little water if required.
- Heat a pan or griddle and drizzle some oil, pour a ladle full of Beetroot Pancake Batter and do not spread. Cook in medium flame until it forms bubbles on top.
- Carefully flip the Beetroot Pancake to the other side and cook for few seconds. Remove from pan and repeat for remaining batter.
- Arrange Beetroot Pancakes in serving plate, dust some powdered sugar and garnish with fresh fruits.
- Serve Beetroot Pancake Recipe along with some sliced fruits of your choice and a cup of Tea,Coffee on the side for a weekend breakfast.
- You can also add a maple syrup, honey to your breakfast meal.